Saturday, January 14, 2023

FRIENDS

I have an affinity 

for friends 

At least I think so

Friends find me 

and I find them 

easily enough 

Friendships

like the VIBGYOR 

develop

An affection

association

and trust 

of a lifetime blooms

Not always though

But at times

Friendships grow on me

Run through me

Illuminate my senses

Friendships regale me 

Nurture me

Anchor me 

and then at times 

scare me

Shake me up

Bringing me out 

Out of my stupor 

leaving a bitter colour

in the pallette of life 

Injuring the palate

The heart aches 

and sighs 

A helpless anger 

seethes within 

inking the grey sorrow

Wetting it 

with tears of sadness 

that flow from the canthus 

trickling down the lashes 

when the heart stammers

It wishes to call out

Wants to hold on

The anger stuttering

Wanting to converse

The sorrow 

wanting to be hugged

The intelligence 

then chooses to be quiet 

and sits aside 

when my loneliness 

seeks solace 

in memories 

that pass by

Whatever they feel

or say at times

I don't want them to leave

for they leave me enriched 

I do not want to feel lonely 

Yet I move on

Look further

to add more 

But I will not let go off 

Let go off my friends

I will still hear them 

See them from far

Smile with them

Share their sorrows 

and cry with them 

Hold them 

Cherish the bonds

and love them forever

For I know them well

They all do care 


©®Madhumita




No comments:

Post a Comment