Sunday, April 16, 2023

colours

  




i dab some peach foundation 
merge it well
to smoothen the fine lines
and feel good 
about my now discoloured skin
and its rapidly uneven tone
outline my eyes
with some dark kohl
to create the mesmerizing effect
the shine is there intact
my eyes gleam and glitter
still full of the twinkling dreams
that i need to collect
from the golden desert of life
and fill them with colours
just as i rouge my cheeks 
with a splash of pink 
and add a stroke of green
to my eyelids 
heavy with mascarad eyelashes 
and dress my lips up 
with a hint of cherry red gloss 
heard someone say 
say it loud today 
that colours are for the young 
or for the 'whacky ways' 
for us it's the greys 
and whites 
and the browns 
but i refuse to be tied down 
tied down by rules 
nor follow 
the rules of colours 
colours rule my life 
sparkling throbbing 
enchanting and lifegiving 
dressing up in a crimson red
making space to be coloured more 
i promise myself a vibrant me 
promise more colours to me

©®Madhumita 


No comments:

Post a Comment