Tuesday, November 1, 2022

I befriended myself 



What is this confusion?

a strange agony,

Everything's there, yet this desolation,

An invisible lurks here.

Why is it not visible?

After all, who is my enemy! 

I said yes to everyone, 

yes I went on saying yes,

Listened to everyone who spoke,

Couldn't bear anyone's sorrow

and I did not think of my happiness. 

Holding hands, I showed everyone the way,

Today, I run behind them, to match their steps;

What am I? 

Who am I? 

I don't know anything,

Nor did anyone bother to know!

Every time there is an unknown fear, 

Anticipation of something untoward houses in, 

And a fear of footsteps of some unheard sound;

Where are you all lost, my 'own'?

Gone are the old days, 

They recur just in dreams.

Every relationship, 

Each bondage just finds flaws,

In the transaction of relationships, 

I found less, and lost more,

Bitter words, moist eyes, a stuffy voice, is my heritage,

No, I can't do it anymore, 

I  have inflicted more torture on myself than I could bear. 

So now, I have vowed to be free of all,

my heart will be happy now,

The mind free, 

I will not run, 

I will not run after anybody,

Whoever wants to walk with me willingly, 

can walk with me, 

whoever wants to be happy with me, 

I wish to fill their life with happiness;

With pearls of happiness, 

now I will fill my arms,

Let the world go its own way,  

I have changed my path,

I am stronger,

Empowered,

perhaps, I have molded into my own mould, 

I myself, had been my own enemy,

Now I'll do what the heart wants, 

Seek, what my mind tells,

No doubts, no confusion, no conflict with myself,

Now I am a friend of myself, 

I will not be the self-enemy anymore.

©®Madhumita


No comments:

Post a Comment